Community Health Worker Opportunities in South Carolina
Communities across South Carolina need you to help provide accessible & affordable health care. See all open positions below:
Community Health Worker
|Number of Vacancies||1|
|Desired Start Date||12/01/2022|
|If Research Grant/Time Limited, give end date|
|Job Open Date||11/18/2022|
|Job Close Date||01/02/2023|
Specialized Case Manager SUMMARY: Piedmont Care, the nonprofit organization providing HIV and AIDS care, prevention, and advocacy in the Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union counties of South Carolina, seeks a Specialized Case Manager to work with the case management team to link people living with HIV to care and to keep them in care. This position will report to the Case Management Supervisor. Piedmont Care is the only organization 100% dedicated to the fight against HIV and AIDS in the three-county coverage area. Because of a strong partnership with SCDHEC, Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System, United Way of the Piedmont and others, Piedmont Care provides HIV/AIDS care services to approximately 700 people living with HIV/AIDS every year. Additionally, the organization provides HIV prevention services such as HIV testing/counseling, condom distribution, and community awareness and education to thousands of people each year. Piedmont Care is located in downtown Spartanburg. To learn more about Piedmont Care visit:
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
- Provide intensive case management (a range of client-centered services that link clients with health care, psychosocial and other services) to clients living with HIV and AIDS in Spartanburg, Cherokee and Union counties.
- Provide HIV prevention services, including HIV testing, education, and awareness services.
- Receive referrals from case management team, prevention team, and partners
- Conduct research to update client contact information
- Enroll clients in case management
- Initiate referrals and provide follow up to clients
- Develop strong relationships during the provision of services
- Degree in Social Work or similar field
- Non-profit or social services background
- Experience working and providing services to the public
- Licensed Social Worker preferred
- Must be insurable and have a current valid driver’s license with personal vehicle.
SALARY RANGE AND BENEFITS: $35,000-$50,000 depending upon licensure and experience. Employer paid health insurance, retirement match, paid leave. For confidential consideration please email cover letter and resume to Tracey Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Piedmont Care Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.