Understanding Scope and Competencies: A Contemporary Look at the United States Community Health Worker Field
Community Health Worker Toolkit
CDC’s comprehensive collection of CHW literature, toolkits, and resources.
Community Health Workers: Roles and Opportunities in Health Care Delivery System Reform
This report reviews health services research findings on CHW utilization relevant to U.S. policymakers and considers the key challenges facing CHWs.
Rishi Manchanda TEDTalk
State Community Health Worker Models: Map of state activity to integrate CHWs into evolving health care systems in key areas such as financing, education and training, certification, and state definitions, roles and scope of practice.http://nashp.org/state-community-health-worker-models/
Recent CHW News
- Maine nursing homes weren't following COVID-19 rules this summer. Now they're at risk again. - Bangor Daily News
- Dr. Bob Lutz, Spokane's 'levelheaded' top health leader during pandemic, forced out - The Spokesman-Review
- Richmond safe injecting room: Needle exchange staff cuts could lead to HIV spike - Herald Sun
- West Michigan contact tracers are overwhelmed by volume of COVID cases - Bridge Michigan
- Financial incentives for frontline health workers - Devex
A certification with SCCHWA provides opportunities for furthering knowledge, skills, and formal education.