Understanding Scope and Competencies: A Contemporary Look at the United States Community Health Worker Field
Community Health Worker Toolkit
CDC’s comprehensive collection of CHW literature, toolkits, and resources.
Community Health Workers: Roles and Opportunities in Health Care Delivery System Reform
This report reviews health services research findings on CHW utilization relevant to U.S. policymakers and considers the key challenges facing CHWs.
Rishi Manchanda TEDTalk
State Community Health Worker Models: Map of state activity to integrate CHWs into evolving health care systems in key areas such as financing, education and training, certification, and state definitions, roles and scope of practice.http://nashp.org/state-community-health-worker-models/
Recent CHW News
- Free Alpena Community College tuition offered to frontline workers - Alpena News
- Northern Kentucky police departments add social workers to police force - WKRC TV Cincinnati
- Health Workers Union calls for Victorian Health Minister Jenny Mikakos to resign over 'repeated mismanagement' - ABC News
- Pinellas sheriff to expand unit that handles mental health-related calls - Tampa Bay Times
- Longtime Rumford paper mill worker who tested positive for COVID-19 dies - WGME
A certification with SCCHWA provides opportunities for furthering knowledge, skills, and formal education.