Understanding Scope and Competencies: A Contemporary Look at the United States Community Health Worker Field
Community Health Worker Toolkit
CDC’s comprehensive collection of CHW literature, toolkits, and resources.
Community Health Workers: Roles and Opportunities in Health Care Delivery System Reform
This report reviews health services research findings on CHW utilization relevant to U.S. policymakers and considers the key challenges facing CHWs.
Rishi Manchanda TEDTalk
State Community Health Worker Models: Map of state activity to integrate CHWs into evolving health care systems in key areas such as financing, education and training, certification, and state definitions, roles and scope of practice.http://nashp.org/state-community-health-worker-models/
Recent CHW News
- Assemblyman Salas secures $6 million for Bakersfield College health education programs - The Bakersfield Californian
- Texas, Houston Methodist see rush for vaccines, as COVID's fourth wave approaches - Houston Chronicle
- Del. Tech receives grant to expand community health programming, job placement at core - 47abc - WMDT
- In Jefferson County, they're bringing the vaccine shots to you - WTOV Steubenville
- Wake Forest School of Medicine Awarded $2.8 Million from The Duke Endowment to Address Social Determinants of Health - ashepostandtimes.com
A certification with SCCHWA provides opportunities for furthering knowledge, skills, and formal education.